At the Abbaye aux Dames, la cité musicale, Saintes
From the 11th – 19th july
Vocal music takes a dominant position this year in saintes. De caelis makes a great leap in time and space between Fildegard von bingen and Zad Moultaka. From the last lights of the spanish renaissance with Huelgas, up to the french melodies of the World War sung by Isabelle Druet. All ages and styles will be represented.
Celine scheen sings Barbara Strozzi. Leonardo Garcia Alarcon finally presents his “diluvio” at Saintes. We refind Hervé niquet in Couperin or a “pasticcio” of Rameau operas carried along by the Folies Francoises.
Several discoveries will also shake up our summer festival :
- Jancek’s pulsating poetry of the Collegium Vocale
- the red-hot Scarlatti of the Jean Rondeau revelation
- Bach piano at the fingertips of Alexandre Tharaud and Jean-Francois Heisser
- the grace of the young Beatrice Rana
- Nina Simone reworked and tamed by Sonia Wieder-Altherton