- Desired profile for a JOA course applicant:
– has finished or is finishing a degree in modern instruments (graduate/finishing their training within a higher music academy);
– already familiar with the historical approach;
If you meet these criteria, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), at least two months before the course, with:
– an up-to-date CV,
– a recent recording (3 min max), classical or romantic repertoire if possible.
However, due to last-minute withdrawals, we still recruit musicians after that deadline.
Costs / Accommodation
Chamber music courses
– For your first session of the current season, a €70 contribution to teaching fees + €16 for your compulsory membership for our association, or €86 in total.
– For your second session of the current season (and following sessions), only a €70 contribution to teaching fees.
– For your first session of the current season, a €110 contribution to teaching fees + €16 for your compulsory membership for our association, or €126 in total.
– For your second session of the current season (and following sessions), only a €110 contribution to teaching fees.
Once you have paid that amount, we cover your nights’ accommodation and all your meals, which will be provided on-site.
Transport costs are at your expenses.
The objective of the training is to develop the musician’s skills around 4 assessable axes:
General behaviour within a musical group
Evaluation methods: the musician is monitored by the teaching team throughout the training session. A detailed evaluation form is given to the student at the end of the session.
The evaluation of the acquired knowledge is based on the examination of 4 criteria: technicality, stylistic awareness, artistic maturity and general behaviour. This evaluation is carried out at the end of each training session. At the end of the course, the trainee receives a certificate of attendance (on request) mentioning the number of hours of training completed and a pedagogical evaluation.
The student who would have difficulties due to a situation of disability, even slight, even temporary, is kindly requested to consult the disability referent (email@example.com) when registering, in order to allow the establishment of an adapted training plan.
Download the JOA Internal rules
Download the description of the course